I'm determined to make good use of my time at home with my son. Lately I've felt like I'm drifting along without feeling that sense of achievement I enjoyed during my career girl days. I know it's a little different these days being at home full-time, but I'm sure I can put some order and a little discipline into my days and weeks to change how I feel about this...
So here goes! I've been inspired by reading my friend Jamie's great practical blog baby get green that there are some simple practical things I can start doing to bring some shape to my calendar of seemingly endless blank days.
Here's what I propose to try:
1. Make a weekly plan of housework
2. Make a daily "to do" list of errands
3. Make a fortnightly meal plan for dinners and eventually all meals
4. Make a list of projects I'd like to complete just for me eg. cross-stitch bookmark, hanging scrapbooking album for my son's room, etc.
5. Cut down my TV watching - I've noticed the TV is a real thief of my valuable time!
I guess my thinking is that by bringing some order into my daily life, I will actually have more freedom to relax and enjoy my down-time, once I have achieved my daily workload...
I'll let you know how it goes!