Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Figure my shape

It's been nearly a year since I had the baby. One year to stand back and see what that miracle did to my body... I've been taking stock of it lately and I've got to admit, it's not all that bad!

I'm definitely rounder and spongier than before, and I've got a mummy-tummy that likes to bulge over any pair of pants with a waist lower than my belly button. Also my joints have a tendency to be sore and and my cycle came back less manageable than before...

But I've decided not to worry too much, I'm hoping to have another little one in the near future so I don't see the point in killing myself getting a super figure back just yet! I'm a few kilos heavier than I was when I fell pregnant with my first, nothing too drastic...

I'm actually looking forward to the return of rosy clear skin and shiny bouncy hair which was a lovely bonus last pregnancy!

Now, about my wardrobe at the moment: I think I need to clear out anything that's more than slightly tight on me. In the past when my weight has fluctuated, I've kept any clothing that was in good condition in smaller sizes, intending to wear it once my weight dropped. The reality is that when I do get back into the smaller clothes they are inevitably not the current style! I've learnt that unless a piece of clothing in a smaller size is an absolute classic, don't bother keeping it!

As usual, the types of clothes that suit my size 12 cello shape are: v necked and deeper round tops, crossover tops and dresses, wider legged and boot-legged pants, and A-line skirts and dresses which skim over my thighs and round bottom, and end knee length or lower.

I've been trying to buy all my wardrobe in these shapes lately, I think mostly I've made good decisions, I've certainly been more conscious of what certain shapes of clothes do to my figure.

1 comment:

  1. A wardrobe cleanout sounds like a good plan. I too have found that keeping clothes that I'm almost back into is a waste of time and wardrobe space! Styles inevitably change, and let's face it - I'm not fitting back into anything I wore two babies ago! SquiggleMum. xx

    ReplyDelete